Robitussin Dry Cough Medicine provides you with effective dry cough relief. It works to soothe a sore throat and coughing, with the effects lasting for up 8 hours. This cough syrup is sugar free and non-drowsy.
- Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: Take 10 ml up to four times daily, as required. - Children under 12 years: Do not use.
- Use the dosing cup provided with the pack.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- Stop using this medicine and ask a healthcare professional if you have had a cough for more than 7 days, or if you have any other symptoms which might be related to your cough e.g. fever, rash or persistent headache.
- Each 5ml contains 7.5mg of the active substance dextromethorphan hydrobromide.
- This medicine also contains Glycerol, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, sodium benzoate, disodium edetate, maltitol (E965), ethanol (96%), citric acid anhydrous, amaranth (E123), caramel (E150), levomenthol, cherry/grenadine flavour, sorbitol solution 70%, sodium cyclamate, acesulfame potassium salt, purified water.
Warnings and Restrictions
Do not take this medicine if:
- you are allergic (hypersensitive) to dextromethorphan hydrobromide or any of the other ingredients in this medicine
- you are sensitive to any of the ingredients. This product contains Amaranth (E123) which may cause allergic reactions.
- you are fructose intolerant
- you suffer from liver disease
- you are currently taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), used to treat depression and Parkinson's disease, or have taken this medicine in the last 14 days
- you are currently taking a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), used to treat depression and anxiety, or have taken this medicine in the last 14 days
- you are currently taking any other medication for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease, or have done so in the last 14 days.
This medicine contains dextromethorphan, which can cause dependency. It should be used with care. Particular caution is advised if you are an adolescent or have had drug dependency in the past.
- Do not take this medicine if you are taking any other types of antidepressants.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If an unwanted effect is severe or lasts for more than a few days, stop taking the medicine immediately and see your doctor.
- Unwanted side effects may include dizziness and stomach upset.
Take special care and talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- you have had a cough for a long time, if you have asthma or suffer from serious asthma attacks, or if your cough is accompanied by a fever, rash, or persistent headache
- you have liver problems.
Driving and using machines
This medicine can affect your ability to drive, as it may make you sleepy or dizzy. Do not drive while taking this medicine until you know how it affects you. It may be an offence to drive when taking this medicine.
Taking other medicines
Do not take Robitussin Dry Cough if you are taking any of the following medicines, or have done so in the last 14 days:
- a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), used to treat depression and Parkinson's disease
- a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), used to treat depression and anxiety
- any other medication for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease.
If you are not sure if your prescription medicine contains one of these drugs, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking:
- quinidine or amiodarone (or any other medicines which are used to treat heart conditions)
- terbinafine (used to treat fungal infections)
- cinacalcet (used to treat an overactive parathyroid gland)
- methadone (used for severe pain).
- Store below 25°C.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date shown on the top end of the carton.