Anusol Suppositories (with added hydrocortisone) help relieve the swelling and irritation of internal piles (haemorrhoids) and anal itching.
They contain the following ingredients:
- Hydrocortisone acetate, a mild steroid that helps reduce inflammation
- Zinc oxide and bismuth salts, which are mildly astringent and antiseptic
- Balsam Peru, which is mildly antiseptic, has a protective action on sore areas and may help to heal
- Benzyl benzoate, which has mild antiseptic properties
Together, they soothe and protect raw areas.
This product is for use by adults over the age of 18 years.
- Adults and the elderly: Insert one suppository into the back passage (anus) – far enough so that it doesn't slip out – at night, in the morning, and after each bowel movement.
- Do NOT take orally.
- Do not use more than 3 suppositories a day.
- Do not use for more than 7 consecutive days.
- Active ingredients: Hydrocortisone acetate 10 mg, Zinc oxide 296 mg, Bismuth subgallate 59 mg, Balsam Peru 49 mg, Bismuth oxide 24 mg and Benzyl benzoate 33 mg.
- Other ingredients: Kaolin light, suppocireBS2 pastilles (hard fat)
Warnings and Restrictions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- if you have rectal bleeding or blood in the stool, or if you are in doubt whether any bleeding you are experiencing is caused by piles.
- if symptoms get worse or do not improve after you have used the medicine for 7 days.
- if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. This includes anti-inflammatory drugs corticosteroids e.g. hydrocortisone.
If you are not sure about the medicine you are taking or using, show the bottle or pack to your pharmacist.
When is this medicine not recommended
Do not use this medicine:
- if you are under 18 years
- if you are allergic to Anusol or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- if you have fungal, viral or bacterial skin sores.
If any of the above applies to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Anusol.
Taking other medicines
- Some medicines may increase the effects of Anusol HC Suppositories and your doctor may wish to monitor you carefully if you are taking them. These include some HIV medicines, such as ritonavir and cobicistat.
- Contact your doctor if you experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
- If any of the above applies to you, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
Do not store above 25°C
Keep out of the reach of children.