What is Corsodyl 0.2% Mouthwash for?
Corsodyl mint mouthwash is a medicine containing chlorhexidine digluconate which is an antibacterial agent that reduces the formation of dental plaque and treats early signs of gum disease.
- Treats gum problems, including bleeding gums, irritated gums and mouth ulcers
- Kills the main cause of gum disease (gingivitis) in as little as 30 seconds.
- Promotes healing after dental surgery or treatment
- Can be used as intensive care to help stop bleeding gums, swollen and inflamed gums
- Maintain mouth hygiene
- Manage oral thrush and denture sore mouth.
Contains chlorhexidine digluconate. Always read the label
Please read the product information before use.
Use only if the seal on the cap is present and intact before opening.
- Use twice a day.
- Fill the cap to 10ml line.
- Rinse mouth thoroughly for 1 minute, then spit out.
For gum disease:
- A one-month course (600ml) is recommended.
- Mouth ulcers & oral thrush: Continue to use for 2 days after healing has occurred.
- Denture sore mouth: Clean & soak your dentures in Corsodyl for 15 minutes twice a day.
After dental Surgery:
Rinse as directed by your dentist.
Other usage tips
- Toothpaste can stop Corsodyl from working. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and wait 5 minutes after brushing your teeth before using Corsodyl.
- You can also use the mouthwash at a different time of day.
- Do not swallow and do not use more mouthwash than the label tells you to.
- Contains alcohol. If swallowed by a child, seek medical help.
- Active ingredient: Chlorhexidine Digluconate 0.2% w/v,
- Other ingredients: Glycerol, Macrogolglycerol Hydroxystearate, Sorbitol Liquid (Non-Crystallising), Peppermint Flavour and Purified Water.
As we are always looking to improve our products, our formulations change from time to time, so please always check the product packaging before use.
Warnings and Restrictions
Corsodyl can have side effects, but not everybody gets them:
- Temporary staining of the tongue. This disappears when treatment is stopped.
- Temporary staining of the teeth. This can normally be removed by brushing.
- You can avoid staining by not drinking tea, coffee or red wine – especially one hour after use – and by brushing daily with toothpaste (see usage instructions).
- If staining continues, it can be removed with a scale and polish from your dentist or hygienist. - You can clean your dentures with denture cleaners.
- You may notice a change of taste or burning sensation when you first use the mouthwash. This usually goes away with continued use.
- If peeling of the skin inside the mouth occurs, dilute Corsodyl with an equal amount of water.
- May discolour the tongue and teeth.
- Keep out of eyes and ears.
- Stop using the mouthwash and seek immediate medical help if you get a rash, swelling of the lips, tongue, throat or face or have difficulty breathing.
- These effects may be symptoms of a severe allergic reaction which is very rare.
- Stop using the mouthwash and tell your dentist if you get irritation of the mouth, soreness or swelling of the inside of the cheeks.
- These effects should go away when treatment is stopped.
Do not use:
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to chlorhexidine digluconate or any of the other ingredients (see storage and further information).
- in children under 12 years unless recommended by a dentist.
- anywhere other than in your mouth.
Wash thoroughly if you get any in your eyes or ears. See usage instructions for more details.
This is a medicine. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding: You can use Corsodyl if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Seek advice before using if you suffer from allergies.
- Do not use after the 'EXP' date shown on the pack.
- Do not store above 25ºC.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Manufacturer Address: Haleon, Building 5, First Floor the Heights Weybridge Surrey KT13 0NY
Haleon, Building 5, First Floor the Heights Weybridge Surrey KT13 0NY
GB: 0800 783 8881 IE: 1800 441 442