Provides effective treatment for fungal infections in your mouth or throat. It contains the active ingredient miconazole, which works by destroying fungus and associated bacteria that may be present.
- Adults and elderly, and children aged 6 years and over: squeeze a small amount of gel onto a clean finger and apply to the affected area four times daily.
- Children 4 months to 6 years: squeeze a small amount onto a clean finger and apply to the affected area twice daily.
- Do not give to children under 4 months.
- Continue to use for up to two days after the symptoms have cleared. If symptoms persist, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Active ingredient: Miconazole.
- Also contains: Pregelatinised Potato Starch, Ethanol, Polysorbate 20 (E432), Sodium Saccharin, Cocoa flavour, Orange flavour, Glycerol and Water
Warnings and Restrictions
- Daktarin oral gel is sticky. You should be careful to ensure that the gel doesn't obstruct the throat, as this may cause choking, particularly in children.
- The gel should not be put at the back of the throat, and the prescribed dose may be divided into smaller portions.
- If you have false teeth (dentures) and are treating oral thrush, you should brush the gel onto your dentures after you take them out at night to kill any fungus that may be on the dentures.
- Treatment with this medicine should be continued for two days after the symptoms have cleared up, to ensure that the infection is fully treated and prevent it from coming back.
- Complete the prescribed course unless otherwise directed.
- Side effects may include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
Do not store above 30ºC.