GoldenEye Ointment 0.15% w/w is a topical treatment for minor eye or eyelid infections caused by bacteria, including conjunctivitis and blepharitis (inflamed eyelids).
The ointment contains the active ingredient dibrompropamidine isetionate, an antiseptic effective at treating bacterial infections.
Apply the ointment once or twice a day in the following way after washing your hands:
- Tilt head gently backwards (this may be best sitting down).
- Carefully pull down the lower eyelid and squeeze around 1 cm of ointment into the inside of the lower lid.
- Avoid touching the eye with the tube.
- Close your eye and rotate the eyeball up, down left and right to allow the ointment to be spread over the eyeball.
- Wipe away any excess ointment with a clean tissue.
- Active ingredient: Dibrompropamidine Isetionate 0.15%w/w.
- Other ingredients: Liquid Paraffin and Dispersed Polyethylene in Mineral Oil.
Warnings and Restrictions
- Do not wear contact lenses while using Golden Eye 0.15% w/w eye ointment.
- Please note that you may have blurred eyesight straight after using this ointment until it dissolves. If this happens, do not drive or use any tools or machines until you can see clearly.
- If no improvement is seen after two days, stop using the ointment and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Taking other medicines
This product is unlikely to interact with other medication. However, please speak to your pharmacist or doctor if you are using any other treatments for the eyes.
- Always replace the cap firmly on the tube after using.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Discard within four weeks of first opening.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the tube and carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month.
- Do not throw away any medicines by wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
- Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.