Optrex Hayfever Relief Eye Drops are used for the relief of eye symptoms of hay fever only, such as itching, redness, soreness and watering.
Suitable for adults and children over 6 years.
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
- Adults and children over 6 years: Gently squeeze 1 or 2 drops into each eye, up to 4 times daily.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- Active Ingredients: 1 ml of eye drops contains 20 mg of Sodium Cromoglicate (2.0% w/v).
- Also contains benzalkonium chloride, disodium edetate, water for injections.
Warnings and restrictions
This is a medicine. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Do NOT use for children under the age of 6 years.
- Use this medicine only in your eyes.
- If your symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
- See your doctor or pharmacist if there is no improvement after 2 days of use, or before using continuously for more than 14 days.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or if you require further information.
- Do not use if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients.
- Do not use while wearing soft contact lenses.
- This medicine contains the preservative benzalkonium chloride, which may cause irritation of the eyes and can change the colour of soft contact lenses.
- Avoid using directly with soft contact lenses. Instead, remove the contact lenses before application and wait at least 15 minutes before reinsertion.
Using the eye drops may cause temporary blurring of the eyes. Do not drive or operate machinery or use tools until you can see clearly.
Using other medicines
These eye drops are unlikely to affect or be affected by taking other medicines, with the exception of the use of other eye drops.
Please speak to your pharmacist or doctor if you are taking other medicines for the eyes, or are unsure about anything.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Discard 28 days after first opening.
- Do not use after the expiry date shown on the pack.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.