Pyrocalm Control 20mg Gastro-Resistant Tablets treat heartburn and acid reflux in adults 18 and older.
- For effective relief of heartburn & acid reflux
- Each gastro-resistant tablet contains 20mg Omeprazole for 24-hour heartburn relief.
- Can be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Can be taken with or without food
Common causes of acid reflux
The main causes of reflux are; coffee, alcohol, chocolate, fatty and spicy foods, being overweight, smoking, pregnancy, stress and anxiety, some medicines such as anti-inflammatory painkillers (e.g. ibuprofen) and hiatus hernia (where part of the stomach moves up into the chest.
How Pyrocalm Control works
Pyrocalm control contains the active ingredient Omeprazole which belongs to a group of medicines called "proton pump inhibitors". omeprazole. These medicines, work by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces.
Omeprazole is a widely used treatment for heartburn and acid reflux. It helps to reduce the pain or discomfort in your chest or stomach and so allows the body to reduce any inflammation caused by stomach acid leaking into the gullet.
Omeprazole can be used during pregnancy and while breastfeeding and it may be used if lifestyle changes, such as eating smaller meals more often and avoiding fatty and spicy foods, aren’t working.
Read the package leaflet before use.
- Take ONE tablet once a day. Some people find taking in the morning works best for them.
- Even if you don't feel better immediately, don't exceed the recommended dose (one 20mg tablet a day).
- The tablets should be swallowed whole with half a glass of water. Can be taken with or without food.
- Do not chew or crush the tablets.
- Full effect may take 2-3 days. Most patients experience complete heartburn relief within 7 days.
- Stop taking this medicine when your reflux symptoms disappear.
- Contact your doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve after 14 days.
- Active ingredient: Omeprazole 20mg
- Other ingredients: lactose monohydrate, sodium starch glycolate, sodium stearyl fumarate, sodium stearate, hypromellose acetate succinate, brownish pink colour (which contains propylene glycol, titanium dioxide (E171), red iron oxide (E172), hypromellose and yellow iron oxide (E172)), talc, triethyl citrate, monoethanolamine, sodium lauryl sulfate and traces of carnauba wax
Warnings and Restrictions
- This medicine should not be used by children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole or any of the ingredients in this medicine.
- Do not use if you are allergic to medicines containing other proton pump inhibitors (e.g. pantoprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole, esomeprazole).
- Do not use if you are taking a medicine containing nelfinavir (used for HIV infection).
- Seek advice if you have a lactose intolerance before using this medication
Tell your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- You are over 55 and have new or recently changed reflux symptoms.
- You are due to have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A)
- You are due to have an endoscopy or a urea breath test
- Your body does not absorb vitamin B12 (cobalamin) very well
Common omeprazole side effects include:
Headaches, upset stomach (including diarrhoea, stomach pain, constipation etc.), nausea and/or vomiting, and benign polyps in the stomach. (see information leaflet for more details)
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
This is because this medicine can affect the way some medicines work and some medicines can have an effect on these tablets.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if: you are taking any medicines listed in the package leaflet.
- Do not store above 30°C.
- Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.