Clove Oil has a local anaesthetic and mild antiseptic effect for the temporary relief of toothache.
This medicine is applied onto the affected tooth.
It can be used on adults, the elderly and children over 2 years old.
Adults, the elderly and children over 2 years old:
- Apply a small amount to a cotton bud and place directly on the affected tooth as required.
Not recommended for children under 2 years old.
- Active ingredient: Clove Oil 100%
Warnings and Restrictions
Pregnant or breastfeeding:
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine if you are pregnant, might be pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Clove Oil should not be used in pregnancy unless a doctor or dentist has told you to do so.
- Avoid skin and gum contact.
- If irritation occurs, see your dentist as soon as possible.
- Do not use the medicine if you or your child have an allergy to Clove Oil, Eugenol or Peru Balsam.
- Do not use for teething pain in children.
- Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to chlorhexidine digluconate or any of the other ingredients (See Storage and further information).
- Not for use on children under 2 years, unless recommended by a dentist.
- Do not use anywhere other than in your mouth.
- Do not use if your blood does not clot easily.
- Do not use if you have diseased or damage gums.
Taking other medicines
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you or your child are taking medicines used to prevent blood clotting such as warfarin, as the anti-clotting effects could be increased by using Clove Oil.