Eumovate cream is a topical application suitable for the short-term treatment and control of patches of eczema and dermatitis.
- Contains Clobetasone butyrate 0.05%, a topical corticosteroid to control inflammation of the skin.
- Relieves itchy, red, dry skin.
- Reduces flare-ups and breaks the itch-scratch cycle of eczema & dermatitis.
- Also provides a moisturising action for your flare-up, which lasts up to 24 hours.
- Suitable for adults and children over 12 years.
Adults & children 12 years and over:
- Apply sparingly to the affected area(s) twice daily for up to seven days.
- If your skin does not improve or gets worse within a week, stop using Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream and see your doctor.
- Always read the enclosed leaflet.
- For external use only
Do not use Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream:
- if you have ever had a reaction to Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream or any of its ingredients
- if you are pregnant, may be pregnant, or are breastfeeding
- if you are using any other topical corticosteroids
- on children under 12
- on broken or infected skin e.g. cold sores, athletes foot, impetigo or thrush
- to treat psoriasis
- to treat acne.
In these cases, ask a pharmacist or doctor for advice.
The cream should NOT be used on the following areas:
- between the toes
- Active ingredients: Clobetasone butyrate 0.05% w/w.
- Other ingredients: Glycerol, Glycerol monostearate, Cetostearyl alcohol, Beeswax substitute 6621, Arlacel 165, Dimeticone 20, Chlorocresol, Sodium citrate, Citric acid monohydrate, Purified water
Warnings and Restrictions
Do not use if:
- the patient is under 12 years unless advised by a doctor
- treatment is required for more than seven days (consult your doctor in this case)
- you are using other topical corticosteroids, either prescribed or over the counter e.g. hydrocortisone
For topical use only
- This medicine is not to be used on acne.
- Do not use on broken skin or skin lesions caused by virus infection (e.g. herpes simplex, chickenpox), fungi (e.g. candidiasis, tinea) or bacteria (e.g. impetigo).
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Please consult your pharmacist or doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant, likely to get pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Using other medicines
- Please consult your pharmacist or doctor if you are currently taking any other medicines, as this may cause an interaction.
- If you think you may be allergic to any of the ingredients contained in this medicine, please seek medical advice before taking.
- If you have any questions after you have bought this medication, please speak to your pharmacist.
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Do not store above 25°C.