HC45 Hydrocortisone Cream is an effective treatment for itching, irritation and inflammation due to:
- Insect bites.
- Mild to moderate eczema and dry skin.
- Contact or allergic dermatitis caused by nickel allergy, plant allergy and strong detergent chemicals.
HC45 Hydrocortisone Cream contains the active ingredient hydrocortisone acetate, a corticosteroid that is known to treat skin conditions.
HC45 works by altering the body's responses to inflammatory reactions.
Inflammatory reactions occur as an immune response to allergen or irritant which then causes blood vessels to dilate at the affected area, resulting in the irritated area becoming red, swollen, itchy and painful.
- Hydrocortisone cream, when applied to the skin, works by acting inside the skin cells to decrease the release of these inflammatory substances.
- This reduces swelling, redness and itching.
- HC45 is an effective treatment that reduces inflammation and relieves itching and irritation for up to 12 hours and promotes healing.
- Clinically proven and dermatologically tested.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully and check that the tube neck seal is intact before first use.
Adults and children of 10 years and over:
- Apply thinly on small areas, once or twice a day for a maximum of 7 days.
- Do not use it on broken or infected skin.
- Active Ingredient: Hydrocortisone Acetate 1% w/w.
- Other ingredients: White soft paraffin, Cetomacrogol Emulsifying Wax (includes Cetostearyl Alcohol), Liquid Paraffin, Phenoxyethanol, Purified Water
Warnings and Restrictions
- Do not use on eyes or face, anal or genital areas, or on broken or infected skin e.g. impetigo, cold sores, acne or athletes foot.
- Seek advice before using if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Do not use it on children under 10 without medical advice.
- If the condition does not improve after the recommended 7-day treatment period, or you experience any unusual effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- May cause local skin reactions (e.g. contact dermatitis)
This is a medicine. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
Store above 25ºC.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE REACH AND SIGHT OF CHILDREN