Lamisil AT 1% Gel contains the active ingredient terbinafine, an antifungal used to treat skin problems caused by fungi in:
Athlete’s foot (tinea pedis)
- Athlete’s foot appears only on the feet (usually both, but not always), where it often appears in-between the toes.
- It can also appear on the instep, soles, or other areas of the feet.
- The most common type of athlete’s foot causes cracking or scaling of the skin, but you may also have mild swelling, blisters, or weeping ulcers.
- Lamisil AT 1% Gel is recommended for athlete’s foot when it occurs between the toes.
- If you have a fungal nail infection (fungus inside and under the nail) with discolouration of the nails and changes in nail texture (thick or flaky), you should consult your doctor. This is because Lamisil AT 1% Gel is not appropriate for this type of infection.
Dhobie itch/jock itch (tinea cruris)
- Dhobie itch appears in the groin and inner thigh area, usually on both sides but often with one side more than the other, where it can spread further between the legs to the buttocks, or up towards the stomach.
- Dhobie itch looks like a clearly bordered rash, which may have blisters.
Ringworm (tinea corporis)
- Ringworm usually appears as circular, sharp-edged areas of red rash, with dry, scaly or crusty patches towards the edges.
- Lamisil AT 1% Gel is suitable for ringworm occurring on the trunk of the body, legs, arm, neck or head, but not the face.
- Active Ingredient: Terbinafine 1% w/w.
- Other Ingredients: Water, ethanol, isopropyl myristate, polysorbate 20, carbomer, sorbitan laurate, benzyl alcohol, sodium hydroxide and butylated hydroxytoluene.
Warnings and Restrictions
Take special care with Lamisil AT 1% Gel
The gel is for application on the skin only.
- Avoid inhaling the product.
- Avoid contact of the gel with the eyes, mouth or face. In case of accidental contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with running water.
- Avoid application to damaged skin, where alcohol (one of the ingredients) could cause stinging or irritation.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- If you are pregnant, check with your doctor before using this medicine.
- Do not use the gel if you are breastfeeding.
Driving and using machines
- Lamisil AT 1% Gel is not expected to affect your ability to drive or operate machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Lamisil AT 1% Gel:
- Butylated hydroxytoluene (E321) may cause local skin reactions (e.g. contact dermatitis) or irritation to the eyes and membrane linings.
- DO NOT use Lamisil AT 1% Gel if you have an allergy (hypersensitivity) to any of the ingredients in the product (see Section 6 and end of Section 2 of enclosed information leaflet).
- The gel is NOT recommended for children under 16 years of age.
Taking other medicines
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including those obtained without a prescription.
- Do not apply other medicines on the areas you are treating with Lamisil AT 1% Gel.
- Do not store above 30°C.
- Do not use or keep this medicine after the expiry (EXP) date shown on the box and tube.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required.
- These measures will help to protect the environment.