Optrex ActiMist Double Action for Dry & Tired Eyes has been specifically designed to help combat the effects of modern living, such as computer work, air conditioning and pollution.
It is a clinically proven eye spray for immediate relief from the symptoms of dry and irritated eyes, such as a dry, irritated, gritty, or burning sensation when you blink, but is not usually painful.
Dry eye will usually affect both eyes together but your vision should remain normal.
Symptoms often worsen as the day goes on.
Dry eye is often caused by:
- use of contact lenses.
- working in dusty environments.
- air conditioning. This dries out the air so reduces moisture in the eyes.
- use of computer screens or watching TV, or reading. This can cause us to stare for longer periods without regular rests, reducing the frequency of blinking. Blinking regularly will help to lubricate the eyes by spreading tears across your eyeball. The lack of blinking can therefore lead to a reduction of the protective lipid layer over the eye.
- ageing: as we get older, our tear ducts can tend to produce less tears, so there is a greater need to lubricate the eyes.
- hormonal changes during the menopause
- some medications, such as allergy tablets containing antihistamines
Dry eyes can occur when we don't produce enough tears or have a reduced oily protective tear film.
Optrex ActiMist Double Action for Dry & Tired Eyes works by stabilising the lipid layer: the part of the eye's natural tear film which reduces tear evaporation.
Optrex ActiMist Double Action for Dry & Tired Eyes is easy and hygienic to use and can be conveniently carried in your bag.
- For dry and tired eyes.
- Suitable for daily use and use with contact lenses.
- Clinically proven to provide instant relief for up to 4 hours.
- Spray directly onto closed eyelids to instantly soothe dry eyes.
- Stabilises the eye's natural tear film and locks in natural moisture.
- Soothes and rehydrates.
- Repairs the eye's natural protective moisture layer.
- Moisturises the eyelids and areas around the eyes.
- Can be used up to 6 months after first opening.
How to use
Adults and children (2+ years):
- When using for the first time, push down the nozzle 3-4 times.
- Hold 10 cm from your closed eyelids.
- Spray 1–2 times onto the closed eyelids, 3 to 4 times per day.
- Before use, please read the leaflet for full instructions, warnings and precautions for use.
- Children must be supervised by an adult.
- Drink plenty of water. This helps keep your whole body, including your eyes, hydrated.
- If you work at a computer, remember to take regular breaks and blink as often as you can.
- If possible, try turning the heating or air-conditioning down a little to avoid drying out your eyes.
- Try to keep your workplace well ventilated. If this is difficult, keep a bowl of water nearby (preferably by the heater if it's on) to increase the humidity in the room.
- If you wear contact lenses, try to apply Optrex ActiMist regularly, even before the eyes feel irritated.
- Try applying a hot compress to the eyes to help stimulate the tear ducts to produce more tears.
1ml Contains 10Mg, Soy Lecithin, 8Mg Sodium Chloride, 8Mg Ethanol, 5Mg Phenoxyethanol, 0.25Mg Vitamin A Palmitate, 0.02Mg Vitamin E, Purified Water
Warnings and Restrictions
- Do not use if you have pain in the eyes or disturbed vision.
- Before use, please read the enclosed information leaflet.
- Not suitable for children under 2 years.
Taking other medicines
This product is unlikely to interact with other medication. However, please speak to your pharmacist or doctor if you are using any other medication.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store at room temperature (between 2°C and 25°C).
- Protect from sunlight.
- Discard 6 months after opening.
- Do not use after the expiry date.