Viscotears is used to make your eyes more comfortable when they feel dry. It is one of a group of eye drops called ‘artificial tears’.
- Viscotears contains the active ingredient carbomer (polyacrylic acid) – 2 mg in each gram of gel.
- Other ingredients: Cetrimide, Sorbitol, Sodium hydroxide and Water.
For adults: 1 drop up to three or four times daily or as directed by a doctor or optician.
Children: use under medical supervision only.
Warnings and Restrictions
- Not recommended for those under 18 years unless advised by a doctor or optician.
- Not recommended for use at the same time as wearing contact lenses.
- Do not use if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients.
Taking other medicines
This product is unlikely to interact with most medication. However, speak to a doctor or pharmacist if you are using any other medications, especially for the eyes.