Anusol Suppositories provide targeted, soothing relief from the discomfort of internal piles (haemorrhoids), fissures, and anal itching.
They contain ingredients that soothe itching, shrink piles and prevent bacterial growth, which can promote healing.
- For adults over 18 and the elderly: Insert one suppository into the back passage (anus) – far enough so that it doesn't slip out – at night, in the morning and after each bowel movement.
- Do NOT take orally.
- Active ingredients: Zinc oxide 296mg, Bismuth subgallate 59mg, Balsam Peru 49mg and Bismuth oxide 24mg.
- Also contains Hard Fat, Kaolin light, Titanium dioxide (E171), Miglyol 812.
Warnings and Restrictions
- Not recommended for children under 12.
- Side effects could include sensitisation, allergic reactions and/or burning sensation.
- Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to Anusol or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Speak to your doctor If you have rectal bleeding or blood in the stool which has not been diagnosed as piles.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your doctor.
Taking other medicines
Anusol suppositories are unlikely to affect other medication. However, if you are taking any other medicines, especially for the bowel, speak to your pharmacist or doctor.
Do not store above 25°C
Keep out of the reach of children.